Magazine poll results
Here are the results of our third Unlock the Past poll. 210 people cast 701 votes in all. This indicates an average of more than 3 magazines per person.
What Genealogy Magazines do you read regularly or occasionally?. Check all that apply.
Note: we have changed the percentage given to the more meaningful percent of voters, not percent of votes.
- A society magazine (one or more) – 66.2%
- Australian Family Tree Connections – 65.2%
- PC User (genealogy section) – 9.0%
- Ancestors magazine (UK) – 25.2%
- Family History Monthly (UK) – 34.3%
- Family Tree Magazine (UK) – 50.0%
- Practical Family History (UK) – 28.6%
- Who Do You Think You Are Magazine (UK) – 18.1%
- Your Family Tree (UK) – 23.8%
- Irish Roots Magazine – 5.2%
- Other – 8.1%
‘Other’ votes that people have entered in the poll.
- Your Family History (US)
- US Ancestry Magazine
- Kew UK monthly journal
- Internet Genealogy Online
- Ancestor Magazine Australia
- East Surrey Family History, Tasmanian Ancestry,Port Phillip Pioneers, The Fig Tree,
- Ancestor Magazine
- Your Family History (UK)
- Discover My Past Scotland
- Any that takes may fancy
- MPFHS Bi-Monthly Publication
Where the voters came from
- Australia 197
- New Zealand 7
- Unknown 2
- Singapore 1
- China 1
- Netherlands 1
- United States 1
Not surprising to see AFTC magazine with 66% readership among those interested enough to use the Unlock the Past site. A little surprising was that a third of respondents did not read a society magazine. Perhaps most surprising was seeing the number reading the English magazines, especially 50% reading Family Tree Magazine, and another 29% its sister magazine, Practical Family History
We invite you to complete our new, slightly different poll – We need your Help This will run over two weeks concluding Friday 6 November.
Please let us know of any ideas for poll questions.