How committed are you to family/local history poll
Here are the results of our 20th Unlock the Past poll - How committed are you to family and local history? Two hundred and fifty-six people voted casting a total of 273 votes.
Clearly most people taking part in this poll are very committed to researching their family and local history - over 70 percent of those responding. Just don't forget the housework occasionally!
Response # votes % voters
- 1. Dabbler 2 0.78
- 2. Moderately 28 10.94
- 3. Actively 41 16.02
- 4. Strongly 56 21.88
- 5. Real Addict 129 50.39
- Other 17 6.64
- (Real Addict) ...and married to another addict!
- (Strongly) Total immersion mixed with weeks of very little but currently mostly helping others and teaching them
- (Real Addict) Housework keeps getting in the way!
- (Real Addict) And never expect to get "cured"
- (Real Addict) 40 years and still going!
- (Real Addict) I see family history as "my last project" which will continue until I die
- (Real Addict) In BOTH family and my local history!
- (Actively) I try to go to as many seminars/workshops/conferences as possible; at least once a year one whole week is devoted to intensive research in an interstate Records/Archive Centre
- (Strongly) More like 4-5 really
- (Strongly) Looking at more than just the names. I love researching their jobs, interests etc
- (Actively) Social history fascinates me from a number of perspectives
- (Moderately) Family in particular as my brick German and Chinese brick wall seems never ending.
- (Strongly) but it costs too much
- (Strongly) Have been a volunteer as SAGHS for 10 years
- (Real Addict) Love the research and especially love to break down the brick walls
- (Real Addict) I devote a great lot of my time to our local history society and a small part to my family history. And I love it!!
- (Strongly) don't get a lot of time to research these days
Where the voters came from
- Australia - 227
- Ireland - 1
- New Zealand - 9
- United Kingdom - 1
- United States - 1
- Unknown - 17