Botany Bay Family History Society Inc.
- PO Box 1006 Sutherland NSW 1499
- 02 9523 8948
- Botany Bay Family History Society website
- Members free, Visitors $5 per half day
- $20 initial request & 1 hour research.
- Weekly Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am -4pm, Saturday 10am -2pm Monthly 4th Tuesday evening 6pm - 9pm
- Single $33, Family $43 Initial $10 joining fee
- The Endeavour, published quarterly. Cost $4.50, free to members.
- The Botany Bay Bulletin, monthly
Botany Bay Family History Society Inc was formed in 1984 to assist members and the community in their family history research. Membership continues to grow and is currently around 450 members.
Our Research Centre & Library is located at 184 Gannons Road (Sth) Caringbah, in the Sutherland Shire, approximately 30km south of Sydney. Members have free access to a wide range of books, maps, CDs, microfiche, wireless internet and subscription websites such as Ancestry.com, Find My Past and World Vital Records. BBFHS is a Familysearch Affiliate library and LDS films may be viewed at the centre. Visitors are welcome and receive assistance from our volunteers.
Our monthly meetings are held at the Multipurpose Centre, 123 Flora St, Sutherland 2232 on the first Wednesday of each month (except January) and feature informative and interesting guest speakers.
We offer a range of education classes for beginners and for more advanced researchers, special interest groups, bus trips to State Records and other places of interest to genealogists. We offer a digital photographic service of graves in Woronora Cemetery.
Botany Bay Family History Society will be hosting the 2012 NSW & ACT Ass FHS Conference.