Caboolture Family History Research Group Inc. (CFHRG)
- Caboolture Historical Village, 280 Beerburrum road, Caboolture Qld 4510 (PO Box 837, Caboolture Qld 4510)
- 07 5428 2018
- $10 daily if not a member
- $15 per hour (by researcher)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9.30am to 2.30pm (Not open Public Holidays)
- 12 molnths membership: $40 single, $50 dual from same household, $15 Junior, plus $10 initial joining fee
- "Hindsight" Journal produced quarterly as part of membership
- "Monthly Newsletter" to members
- CFHRG was formed over 30 years ago and we still have members 1 and 2. Friendly guidance and help are always on hand from our wonderful volunteers.
- In late 2010 we moved to the Caboolture Historical Village where we interact with the school and coach tours that visit by supplying help, displays and Family History starter packs made up especially for children.
- CFHRG has lots of Local, Australian and International Resources in its Library in excess of 3000 books, 800 + Cemetery records; Shipping; BMD’s; Obits; Local Newspapers, Magazines from other clubs and commercial, A large micro-fiche collection, micro-films and CD’s. Our Library continues to grow with our commitment to assisting you in your research.
- We are lucky enough to have four new dedicated computers for researching via the internet. We currently have access to Ancestry, and will have access to Find My Past in 2013.
- Publications for sale include various cemetery and newspaper cd's, books and charts. A new website will be up andc running in 2013.
- All visitors and prospective members are welcome to visit our rooms and find out what a friendly, crazy lot we at CFHRG are. A visitor's pass at entry to Caboolture Village is all that is needed to visit our building. No entry fee applicable.
- Monthly meetings occur on the second Saturday of each month, commencing at 1pm in our rooms.
- Guest speakers, information days and workshops are held throughout the year.
- For more details, please contact CFHRG.
Currently offering one hour of assisted FREE Research to new visitors to CFHRG rooms to help prospective members understand what needs to be done to trace their family history