- Cnr Hassall Street and Gregory Place, PARRAMATTA, NSW
- (02) 9635-6924
- Hambledon Cottage
- Email contact form
- Hambledon Cottage house museum is open for inspection on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and most public holidays from 11am to 3.30pm. Inspections by Groups during these times, or at other times, can be made by appointment. Entry Fees are Adults $6.00, Seniors & Concessions $5.00, Children $2.00. Special educational programmes for school groups can be arranged by appointment - fee $5.00 per student.
Hambledon Cottage was constructed for John & Elizabeth Macarthur in 1824 as a second house on their Elizabeth Farm estate.
It is a colonial Georgian cottage ornee and largely conforms to its original design and construction.
Hambledon Cottage is listed on the NSW State Heritage Register.
The house museum was opened on 26 February 1966 by Major General Sir Denzel Macarthur-Onslow and has remained in operation ever since.