Military Historical Society of Australia
- Federal Secretary Military Historical Society of Australia PO Box 5030 GARRAN ACT 2605
- Military Historical Society of Australia
- Email contact form
- $35 for corresponding members, $40 for Institutional Members, slightly higher for Branch members
- Sabretache. The Journal and Proceedings of The Military Historical Society of Australia
The Military Historical Society of Australia was founded in Melbourne in 1957. Its aims are the encouragement and pursuit of study and research in military history, customs, traditions, dress, arms, equipment and kindred matters; the promotion of public interest and knowledge in these subjects, and the preservation of historical military objects with particular reference to the armed forces of Australia.
You can join the society as a corresponding member or you may choose to join one of the regional branches which provide the opportunity to attend local meetings and network with others who have similar interests. Branches offer a varied program of meetings and events, often including guest speakers. Another opportunity to network amongst society members at a national level, whether corresponding or branch members, is through the biennial conferences, hosted in rotation by the regional branches. All members of the society receive Sabretache, the society's journal.
Membership of the Society has a number of benefits besides the Sabretache subscription. Members can
- Enjoy members’ rates at the Society’s biennial conference
- Enter the biennial Sabretache Writers’ Prize
- join and receive the Society’s interests register
- post notices on the members notice page on the website and in Sabretache, and send out notices/information/requests for assistance via the Secretary’s econtact list
- take advantage of discounts/services offered by a number of businesses listed on the websites members services page,
- join the Society’s mailing list where you can generate or join in discussions on military matters,
- submit articles to Sabretache.
For membership details, including location of branches and membership rates, please contact the Federal Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org