Scotland's Greatest Story
- All research carried out by genealogist Chris Paton, BA (Hons), HND, PgDip Genealogical Studies
- Basic family tree research - using many private records in Scotland not available online.
- Overcoming brick walls - including the use of Scottish church records not available online (non-established churches), land records, and other sources.
- Site visits to photograph ancestral homes and relevant gravestones
- Contextual research - tracing articles and publications written by or about your ancestors, providing an understanding of the times in which they lived
- Surname research - explaining the origins of your surname
- Relatives tracing - searching for historic descendants in Scotland, or current relatives within the country as well as the rest of the United Kingdom
- Palaeography - transcribing 17th and 18th century documents or relevance to your family history written in the old form of Secretary Hand