Toowoomba & Darling Downs Family History Society
- 452 South Street Toowoomba PO Box 2229 Toowoomba BC 4350
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs Family History Society
- $10 casual fee,
- $25.00 full research fee one name, $7.50 for 20 minutes
- 10 am to 3 pm Sunday to Friday 1 pm to 4 pm Saturday
- $10 joining fee, $35 single & $45 double per yr. + $2.50 per day
- The Gazette - 3 per year
- monthly newsletter
The Society commenced on the 16 August 1978 as the Toowoomba Chapter of the Genealogical Society of Queensland. We became incorporated as the Darling Downs Family History Society in 1988, then on 1st May 2001 added Toowoomba to our name.
We have moved from a small room behind a member's home to two small rooms behind the Toowoomba Historical Society. From there we moved to rented premises at 61 Drayton Road. This building was previously the old Drayton North Post Office. When this land was required by the landlord Michael Harrison, he generously gave us the building. Toowoomba City Council allowed us to lease a small parcel of land in the Drayton and Toowoomba Cemetery. We moved the building here on 1st November, 2006.
We provide many resources for local and family historians.