Tweed Gold Coast Family History & Heritage Association Inc
- Address: South Tweed Sports Club, 4 Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads South; Postal address: PO Box 6729, Tweed Heads South NSW 2486
- 07 5599 8939
- Tweed Gold Coast website
- Visitor's day fee $8
- Library Hours: From mid-Jan to mid-Dec (except public holidays) Tues* 10am-7pm (approx), Wed-Fri 10am-4pm, Sat 9.30am-3pm *Closed 1pm-4pm on meeting days
- Individual $35, Family $40, plus $10 joining fee
- Tracks, published 3 times per year, free to members
- Monthly email newsletter to members
The Tweed Gold Coast Family History & Heritage Association was formed in 1997, as the Twin Towns Family History Group, by a small number of like minded people, keen to have a family history research centre in Tweed Heads. Since that time we have steadily grown, with current membership around the 200 mark. In 2005, to better reflect our membership area, we changed our name to the current one.
Due to the hard work of our fundraisers, we have a very good research facility, with computers, film and fiche readers and a fiche/film scanner/printer. We have access to the internet & currently have subscriptions to Ancestry.com, Find My Past UK and Find My Past Australia. We also keep a stock of Scotlands People vouchers for use on that site.
We have many resources, including books, CDs, microfiche and microfilms. We have been a FamilySearch affiliate library since 2003, enabling members and visitors to view LDS films in our Research Room.
Our meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (February-October) at 1.30 pm, & on the second Tuesday in November at 1.30 pm, no meetings are held in December & January. We generally have a speaker or a topic of discussion at our meetings.
We hold classes for beginners, researching on the internet, Family Tree Maker (several versions), & other subjects as required. These classes are free to members.
Our website includes our members' interests & a recently added index of the transcriptions & images held for those with memorials at the Byangum Road, Murwillumbah Cemetery (see projects).