Archiving Workshop: Preserving Your Family Records & Photographs
Shauna Hicks of "Shauna Hicks History Enterprises
Carol Heath of "Pixel by Pixel"
- Our family documents and photographs are an important link with our ancestors, providing us with historical record and priceless memories of family and special events.
- Our presenters will talk about and demonstrate the process for restoring old photographs and methods for organising storage of your precious family documents and other memorabilia.
- Shauna's presentation 'Caring for Your Family Records' examines what famliy historians should do to ensure that their records are kept for the family and future generations of researchers. She will address:
1. collecting family records and memorabilia
2. recording and storing the collection so that everything is findable and protected from the environment and pests
3. how to prepare for a potential disaster such as accident, fire or flood
4. what happens to your family records when you die or are no longer able to look after them
Refreshments included, bookings are essential.