Why Unlock the Past runs regular history and genealogy cruises
- An estimated 600,000 Australians go on cruises each year now. More and more ships and cruise lines are coming down under to serve the growing demand.
- There are several hundred thousand estimated family and local historians in Australia and maybe 2 to 3 times that number with a casual interest in the subject.
- Combining both these interests
- adds great value to those researchers who already cruise. 50% of those on our cruises had cruised before, quite a few regularly
- offers a unique conference experience to those who have never before cruised. 50% of those on our cruises are first time cruisers
- The entry price for our conference cruises ranges from about $140 to $200 a day per person including all accommodation, meals and entertainment on board as well as access to over 50-100 presentations throughout the cruise.
Unlock the Past organised the first Australian history and genealogy cruise in March 2011. The second was in November 2011 and the third in February 2013. Further are planned for 2014 and 2015. Each cruise offers a unique and great value conference package, including:
- all accommodation and meals
- all activities and entertainment with the general cruise program
- various port stops and choice of numerous shore tours (at cost)
- attendance at all conference presentations by an international team of expert presenters
- over 50 main presentations
- day to day interaction at meal and other times with those with similar interests
- a Research Help Zone with our cruise experts offering advice and demonstrations on a one to one or small group basis
- a special cruise conference benefit voucher pack worth hundreds of dollars