Unlock the Past has run expos since mid 2009 in various capital cities and regional centres. Major expos under consideration from 2012 are
- Brisbane - mid 2012
- Sydney and possibly Melbourne in 2013
Each expo is run over two days (Friday and Saturday) and will feature:
- A large exhibition 50-70 exhibitors - a wide variety of local state and national organisations, business and societies in the history, genealogy & heritage fields
- Two streams of presentations throughout by leading Australian and overseas presenters - main talks, workshops product demonstrations etc.
- A Research Help Zone with a team of experts offering expert advice and demonstrations on a one to one basis
- Expo special offers, prizes etc. - usually totalling several thousand dollars
Unlock the Past expos are only held where there is good support from the major partner organisations in the state concerned.