HAGSOC Course: Conservation of digital material, textiles and objects
8 Oct 2011 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- HAGSOC Education Room, Cook Community Hub, 41 Templeton St
- Australian Capital Territory
- Cost: $10 for members; $20 for non-members
HAGSOC Education Sessions - conservation
The Heraldry & Genealogy Society of Canberra (HAGSOC) will be conducting two separate and different Education sessions in October 2011 on conservation.
The first Education session on conservation will take place on Saturday 8 October and will have two components:
- a presentation on the conservation/preservation of digital material by a speaker from the National Film and Sound Archive; and
- a seminar on textiles and objects conducted by Rhonda Kerr.
The second Education session on conservation will take place on Saturday 22 October and will have two components:
- a display of conserved/preserved items by Margaret Wright, OAM; and
- a seminar on conservation of paper based items, including photographs, diaries, maps, books etc, conducted by Rhonda Kerr.
Each Education session will be held in the HAGSOC Education Room, Cook Community Hub, 41 Templeton Street Cook, ACT. Telephone: 02 6251 7004. Email: email@example.com
The fee for each Education session will be $10 for HAGSOC members and $20 for non-members.
You will need to book for these Education sessions and the booking forms are in the HAGSOC Library. If you cannot get to the Library but wish to attend, telephone (02) 6251 7004 during Library hours and the volunteer on duty will put your name down. There can be restrictions on the numbers able to attend some sessions, so early bookings are advised.