History & Genealogy Roadshow 2010 - Christchurch
- Evening only (6pm onwards): NZ$35
- Day only (to 6pm): NZ$45
- All day & evening: NZ$60
- Pre registrations have closed, however there is still room for people to come on the day and register (prices as above).
Time & Date
- 22 November 2010
- 12pm to 9.45pm
If you do not wish to attend all the talks there will be opportunity to speak to the various presenters and see demonstrations in the exhibition area featuring the major event sponsors.
|CHRISTCHURCH - Monday 22 November|
|THEATRE 1||THEATRE 2|
|12.00noon||1.30pm||Registration and displays|
|1.30pm||2.15pm||Findmypast.com.au: what is there, what is coming and how to use it - Rosemary Kopittke|
|2.30pm||3.15pm||Can I Learn Everything I Need About Records and Research Strategies Online? Genealogical Education from a Distance... - Louise St Denis||You can't do it all online: where else can I search for Ancestors - Shauna Hicks|
|3.15pm||3.45pm||Break and displays|
|3.45pm||4.30pm||Google Your Family Tree: the basics - presented for Dan Lynch [Rosemary Kopittke]|
|4.45pm||5.30pm||Researching Australian Ancestors - Shauna Hicks||The New Zealand Society of Genealogists - Fiona Brooker|
|5.30pm||7.00pm||Displays and optional dinner at the venue or nearby|
|7.00pm||8.00pm||Findmypast UK and AU - Elaine Collins||I Found It Once, Why Can’t I Find It Again! - Louise St Denis|
|8.00pm||8.30pm||Break and displays|
|8.30pm||9.15pm||Google Your Family Tree: Images and Video - presented for Dan Lynch [Shauna Hicks] ||ScotlandsPeople: the place to launch your Scottish research - Rosemary Kopittke|
An exhibition of our partners and sponsors, as well as product demonstrations, will be open throughout the day, featuring
- Clean Cruising & Unlock The Past History and Genealogy Cruise 2011
- Family Historian (genealogy software)
- Family Photo Book
- Google Your Family Tree
- Gould Genealogy & History
- Inside History
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists
- Unlock the Past Publishing - including new handbook History & Genealogy 2011: Australia & New Zealand
Rydges Hotel. Perfectly situated in the heart of the city and adjacent to the picturesque Avon River, this iconic property offers panoramic views of the Southern Alps or Christchurch's famous Cathedral Square.
170 Oxford Tce, cnr Worcester St, Christchurch, NZ.
The only hotel located within Christchuch's cultural and culinary precinct, and within easy walking distance to the convention centre and local attractions.
Meals & Refreshments
- Restaurant: open for breakfast and dinner.
- Cafe: provides coffees, light meals, lunch. For menus and beverage selection go to www.sepia.co.nz
- There are also a number of cafes, bar, convenience stores and restaurants located within walking distance to the hotel.