History & Genealogy Roadshow 2010 - Perth
- Evening only (6pm onwards): $25
- Day only (to 6pm): $45
- All day & evening: $60
- Pre registrations have closed, however there is still room for people to come on the day and register (prices as above).
Time & Date
- 10 November 2010
- 8.30am to 9.30pm
If you do not wish to attend all the talks there will be opportunity to speak to the various presenters and see demonstrations in the exhibition area featuring the major event sponsors.
|PERTH - Wednesday 10 November|
|THEATRE 1||THEATRE 2|
|8.30am||9.00am||Registration and displays|
|9.00am||9.45am||Findmypast.co.uk - Elaine Collins||Treasures of the National Library of Australia - Shauna Hicks|
|10.00am||10.45am||Can I Learn Everything I Need About Records and Research Strategies Online? Genealogical Education from a Distance... - Louise St Denis||Finding Families in the National Archives of Australia - Marjorie Bly, NAA Perth|
|10.45am||11.15am||Break and displays|
|11.15am||12noon||Google Your Family Tree: the basics - Dan Lynch||Getting to know State Records Office of Western Australia - Lise Summers SROWA|
|12.00noon||1.30pm||Lunch and displays|
|1.30pm||2.15pm||Findmypast.com.au: what is there, what is coming and how to use it - Rosemary Kopittke||Google Your Family Tree: Images and Video - Dan Lynch|
|2.30pm||3.15pm||I Found It Once, Why Can’t I Find It Again! - Louise St Denis||Genie Gems at WAGS - Karen Tregenza|
|3.15pm||3.45pm||Break and displays|
|3.45pm||4.30pm||Archives you may not know - but should! - Shauna Hicks||www.familysearch.org - how to find hidden secrets in this great FREE family history website - Mike Murray|
|4.45pm||5.30pm||Google Your Family Tree: other Google tools for historians - Dan Lynch||Netting your ancestors - Tricia Fairweather & Leonie Hayes, State Library of Western Australia|
|5.30pm||7.00pm||Displays and optional dinner at the venue|
|7.00pm||8.00pm||Findmypast UK and AU - Elaine Collins & Rosemary Kopittke||Can I Learn Everything I Need About Records and Research Strategies Online? Genealogical Education from a Distance... - Louise St Denis|
|8.00pm||8.30pm||Break and displays|
|8.30pm||9.15pm||Google Your Family Tree: advanced - Dan Lynch||ScotlandsPeople: the place to launch your Scottish research - Rosemary Kopittke|
An exhibition of our partners and sponsors, as well as product demonstrations, will be open throughout the day, featuring
- Clean Cruising & Unlock The Past History and Genealogy Cruise 2011
- Family Historian (genealogy software)
- Family Photo Book
- Google Your Family Tree
- Gould Genealogy & History
- Inside History
- National Archives of Australia (Perth)
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- State Library of Western Australia
- State Records of Western Australia
- Unlock the Past Publishing - including new handbook History & Genealogy 2011: Australia & New Zealand
- Western Australian Genealogical Society
Perth Function Centre (EFTel Oval). EFTel Oval, properly named Lathlain Park, has been the home of the Demons since 1959, their first game played there on Anzac Day.
EFTel Oval, Goddard St, Lathlain, Perth
Parking and Access
- Ample free parking is available in the car park off Goddard Street just north of the function centre toward McCartney Crescent. Watch out for signs. See map above.
- Access to the venue is through the main entrance off Goddard Street. Watch for sign at the front
Meals & Refreshments
- The bar will be open for drinks and light snack food for most of the day and evening
- Cakes, muffins etc. for morning and afternoon tea will be available as PRE-ORDERS only on arrival. Please order this as soon as possible after you arrive.
- Likewise lunches and evening dinner will be available by PRE-ORDER only upon arrival. Please order if required when you arrive during the morning, preferably before the first session, but by the morning tea break at the latest. Please check menu options early.