History & Genealogy Roadshow 2010 - Wellington
- Evening only (6pm onwards): NZ$35
- Day only (to 6pm): NZ$45
- All day & evening: NZ$60
- Pre registrations have closed, however there is still room for people to come on the day and register (prices as above).
Time & Date
- 23 November 2010
- 12pm to 9.30pm
PLEASE NOTE: No food will be available at the venue. We will advise on the day the location of nearby cafes or restaurants for this needing a meal between afternoon and evening sessions. The bar will be open for afternoon tea - including soft drinks, tea and coffee.
If you do not wish to attend all the talks there will be opportunity to speak to the various presenters and see demonstrations in the exhibition area featuring the major event sponsors.
|Wellington - Tuesday 23 November|
|THEATRE 1||THEATRE 2|
|12.00noon||1.30pm||Registration and displays|
|1.30pm||2.15pm||Findmypast.com.au:what is there, what is coming and how to use it - Rosemary Kopittke||The New Zealand Society of Genealogists - Fiona Brooker|
|2.30pm||3.15pm||Google Your Family Tree: the basics - presented for Dan Lynch [Shauna Hicks]||Peter Grace: An Irish Settler in Early New Zealand - Geraldene O’Reilly|
|3.15pm||3.45pm||Break and displays|
|3.45pm||4.30pm||Can I Learn Everything I Need out Records and Research Strategies Online? Genealogical Education from a Distance... - Louise St Denis||A 48 hour journey with ScotlandsPeople - Jan Gow|
|4.45pm||5.30pm||Researching Australian Ancestors - Shauna Hicks||It's Not All On-line - Searching the original records at Archives New Zealand - Heidi Kuglin|
|5.30pm||7.00pm||Displays and optional dinner at the venue or nearby|
|7.00pm||8.00pm||Findmypast UK and AU - Elaine Collins||I Found It Once, Why Can’t I Find It Again! - Louise St Denis|
|8.00pm||8.30pm||Break and displays|
|8.30pm||9.15pm||Google Your Family Tree: Images and Video - presented for Dan Lynch [Rosemary Kopittke] ||Family History on the Cheap - Shauna Hicks|
An exhibition of our partners and sponsors, as well as product demonstrations, will be open throughout the day, featuring
- Beehive Books
- Clean Cruising & Unlock The Past History and Genealogy Cruise 2011
- Family Historian (genealogy software)
- Family Photo Book
- Google Your Family Tree
- Gould Genealogy & History
- Inside History
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists
- Papers Past - Papers Past contains more than one million pages of digitised New Zealand newspapers and periodicals. The collection covers the years 1839 to 1945 and includes 61 publications from all regions of New Zealand.
- Unlock the Past Publishing - including new handbook History & Genealogy 2011: Australia & New Zealand
Westpac Stadium. The stadium was opened in January 2000 after a 9 year development schedule. It hosts both rugby and cricket.
147 Waterloo Quay Wellington
- Cars: The mezzanine floor is dedicated to the function centre and is a pay and display method of $8.00 flat rate.
- Bus: stopping at Wellington Station, Thornton Quay, it is only a 300m walk.
- Train: stopping at Wellington Station, Thornton Quay, it is only a 300m walk.
Meals & Refreshments
The bar will be open for afternoon tea - including soft drinks, tea and coffee for purchase as required.
PLEASE NOTE: No food will be available at the venue. We will advise on the day the location of nearby cafes or restaurants for this needing a meal between afternoon and evening sessions.