How to Find Your Ancestors in The Newspapers & More: tips and tales from Trove
16 Feb 2013 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Catherine McAuley Centre, Young Retirement Village, Hennessy Close
- New South Wales
- Cost: $40 ($35 for current members of the Young & District Family History Group) - includes tea, coffee, country-style homemade morning tea & afternoon tea & handouts.
Family Tree Time presents
How To Find Your Ancestors in the Newspapers & More:
tips and tales from Trove
with Special Guest Jenny Higgins,
long-time National Library of Australia Family History Librarian
your host Megan Gibson,
author of "How To Get More Family Tree Time - Tips for the Time Poor!" and
freelance researcher on episodes of the hit TV series
"Who Do You Think You Are?" (SBS TV, Australia)
Find much more than names and dates with Trove, this essential free online resource.
Megan & Jenny will present individual sessions
a mega-Q&A combined session
sharing their expertise, to inform and inspire you.
Beginners and Advanced users will find this in-depth seminar useful.
* Uncover long-lost ancestors or clues, using tips to get more results from your searches
* Discover often untapped resources within Trove
* Learn how Megan & Jenny use Trove to break down "brick walls"
* Get all the latest Trove news
* Practical demonstrations
* Ask your questions! (email Megan in advance to ensure you get on the list!)
* Hear tips, advanced search techniques and real-life examples
Join us for a day of information and fun, especially if you:
* are researching your family tree
* are researching the history of your town, house, community, church, school, business premises etc
* are writing your family history
* work or volunteer at, or are a fan of, local history centres such as museums and heritage destinations
* are a writer looking for a fabulous free research tool at your fingertips
* are "just" interested in Australian history (eg music, sport, crime, fashion, food, trade, shipping, military...)
* etc, etc, etc!
Megan will also be happy to personally sign your copy of her tips book, which will be on sale for just $25.
BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW:
In person at M&M's Music, 50/66 Boorowa St, Young
call (02) 6382 2836
Book now to get started, or progress with, your family tree research
...before it's too late!
With thanks to The National Library of Australia, Catherine McAuley Centre, M&M's Music (Young) & Guy The Sound Guy