New South Wales Expo (Coffs Harbour) - Exhibitor Information
Invitation to exhibit - now FREE for non-commercial exhibitors and at reduced rates for commercial exhibitors
We invite all societies, businesses and organisations related to the history and genealogy field to consider exhibiting. If you fit one of the following categories or similiar, then an Unlock the Past Expo is a good place to be:
- Historical societies - local, family, military, religious history, re-enactment groups, oral history, pioneer associations, sporting, railway, aviation, maritime, motoring, National Trust, special interest groups.
- Cultural & ethnic - Chinese, Cornish, German, Greek, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish, Scottish, Irish, convict etc.
- Libraries, archives & museums - public, private, government & specialist libraries, archives & museums, local history collections, military, maritime, aviation & motoring museums, RSL clubs/museums, cemeteries.
- Research services - anyone who offers research services or is compiling databases. Transcription agents.
- Heritage tourism - heritage tour operators, battlefield tours, heritage trails, accommodation, visitor information centres.
- Professional services - historians, genealogists, education & training, translation, writing & proofreading, speaking.
- Miscellaneous products & service suppliers - photo & video duplication, restoration & conversion, scrapbooking, microfilm, document & book scanning & supplies, archival products & services, DNA services, printers, binding services, genealogy charting, calligraphy.
- Long established business or organisations - if your business, industry or organisation has a long history in a community, an expo is a great place to showcase that history, promote your business and add the event. Examples are newspapers, industries such as mining, timber, fishing etc. - any business, small or large, that has been part of the community in the region over a long period.
- Heritage products & services - heritage crafts, antiques, foods, antiquarian booksellers.
- Publishers & resellers - books, data CDs, maps, magazines, online content, indexes.
This Expo will be widely promoted through
- established genealogy history and heritage channels through the whole of New South Wales and Southerm Queensland.
- local council, tourism and business authorities - to the general public.
- regional media.
- online and print advertising and newsletters - and through social media (electronic "word of mouth").
- the exhibitors and speakers, many with their own significant mailing lists.
This will be a unique opportunity - not be missed - to get exposure, new members, users and customers for your society, library, archives, museum, products and services. It is open to organisations, businesses or individuals in the history, genealogy and heritage fields - large or small.
Go to the bottom of this page for further information and a current list of exhibitors.
- Most tables are 1800mm (6 foot). Full tables or half tables are available. See below for costs.
- Please do not expect to be able to attach any banners or posters to the walls. Display boards will not be provided. Free standing banners or display boards are welcome however please notify us of their dimensions if you intend to bring one.
- Table sharing will be offered for those who only need half a table or want a lower cost space. Please choose half a table if that is all you need. Tables will be supplied with cloths. Power will be available to most areas, but not all. As there are limited power points you should bring your own labelled power leads and power boards in case you need to connect from a distance.
If you need Internet access you will need to provide your own. Mobile modems can be purchased now for moderate cost (be sure your provider has Coffs Harbour coverage - Telstra almost certainly will, others may).
Access & Set-up
Exhibitor access and set-up time will be from Friday 7am (Thursday night might also be an option for set-up though is subject to confirmation). Public access will be from 9am.
Meals and refreshments
We urge exhibitors to have any meals they need before or after the main lunch break or bring your own to have in the exhibition area. Those who wish to join us for an evening meal each day after the exhibition closure are welcome; please advise your interest that morning if not before.
Please register your table and up to two primary people attending the exhibit. If you wish to attend any of the talks, please register separately. Please note the main talks are $5 each (except where noted as FREE). Extra attendants will need to register for the Expo and any talks they wish to attend. See Pricing and Booking web page.
It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to ensure that they have adequate insurance to cover theft or damage to their goods and equipment as well as public liability.
We are planning for approximately 500 people over the two days. We will however update you near the time how bookings are going.
It is in your interest, and ours, for you to help publicise the Expo. We will have a brochure which we can supply in any quantity you can usefully use. Please let us know on the Exhibitors Registration Form. We hope you will also give notice on your web site or email or print newsletters. Even if you can’t exhibit, you can still advertise or have a voucher in the Expo program/booklet or with an insert in the registration package.
Advertising or vouchers in the printed program, and/or having an insert in the delegate's pack will be available; rates to be advised. Adverts and vouchers are preferred in TIFF or JPEG format, but PDF is OK. If you want a simple text ad, with maybe a logo or other image, we can set this for you if you give us an approximate layout in Word or PDF (with any image sent separately as well).
- most tables are 1800 (6 foot)
- table sharing will be offered for those who only need half a table or want a lower cost space
- for those who do not wish to exhibit, there will be a brochure-only table - free for up to two brochures
- we can usually only commit to a single table initially. If you want more we can
note your interest and allow this if the final exhibitor space allows
- Commercial exhibitors
- one 1800mm table with power - $100
- one 1800mm table with no power - $90
- half table (900mm) with power - $60
- half table (900mm) with no power - $50
- Local and family history societies, libraries & archives - FREE
- Long established local businesses or organisations - we can offer FREE space if you are providing a display only, with no products to sell
PDF map of the exhibitor layout coming soon.
Booking a Table
Current Exhibitors List
- Archive Digital Books Australasia
- Clean Cruising
- Coffs Harbour City Library
- Coffs Harbour District Family History Society
- Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery and Museum
- Family Historian (at Kerry Farmer's table)
- Family Photo Book
- Genes Reunited
- Gould Genealogy & History
- Guild of One Name Studies
- Heritage Path
- Inside History
- Inverell District Family History Group Inc.
- Irish Wattle (exploring Australia’s Irish Ancestry)
- Kerry Farmer - as well as promoting her own services, Kerry can also demonstrate The Master Genealogist, FamilyHistorian, Findmypast, ScotlandsPeople and more. She can alslso tell you the subjects of her two her two books, Which Genealogy Program? and DNA for Genealogists)
- National Library of Australia
- Nepean Family History Society
- Noeline Kyle's Writing Family History
- Openbook Howden Design & Print
- Royal Australian Historical Society
- Dr Mark St Leon (circus historian)
- ScotlandsPeople (with FindMyPast table)
- Shauna Hicks History Enterprises
- Society of Australian Genealogists
- State Records of NSW
- The Master Genealogist (at Kerry Farmer's table)
- University of New England and Regional Archives
- Unlock the Past
- Which Genalogy Program? (at Kerry Farmer's table)
We invite you to add your organisation, business or research activity to the list