Brenda Wheeler, PLCGS
Brenda Wheeler, PLCGS is a graduate of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies, University of Toronto; both in English and Irish Records. She is coordinator for the English Records course at NIGS with responsibility for the monthly Live Meeting sessions for the students and will be working with Dr Penelope Christensen, PhD to update the English Records course material.
Brenda is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, National Genealogical Society, Queensland Family History Society, Hervey Bay Family History Assoc. Inc and three International Study Groups. She is the Conference and Course organiser for HBFHA.
Brenda also runs her own professional genealogy research business, “Relative Discoveries” specializing in research for Australia, England, Ireland, The Netherlands and the transcription of documents.
She teaches genealogy in Hervey Bay, Queensland and speaks on various subjects both in Queensland and interstate.
Her subjects include;
- Introduction to Family History
- A Beginners Course in researching family history (2 day course)
- Foreign Language Research (“But I Don’t Know The Language!”)
- A guide to the resources available to aid research (50 mins)
- English Parish Chest material (“What’s In The Box?”)
- English Parish Chest materials can vary enormously, a guide to what may be found. (75 mins)
- Irish Research (“Irish Research Before Ireland”)
- What does the researcher need before they start on their Irish ancestors” (50 mins)
- Organising Your Records (“Now Where Did I Put That?”)
- A selection of hints and paperwork to help keep records organised. (50 mins)
- Palaeography ("What Does That Say?”)
- Understanding old handwriting (50 mins)
Other topics by arrangement.