Kerry has been teaching family history classes since 1997. With degrees in both science and the arts, she is a member of the Education Committee of the Society of Australian Genealogists, and a regular speaker at conferences and other events. Kerry is also the Director of Australian Studies for the National Institute for Genealogical Studies, developing their course series ‘Certificate in Genealogical Studies – Australian Records’ and is developing their Australian Records certificate (see http://genealogicalstudies.com).
Kerry authored DNA for Genealogists (3rd edn, 2015), Arrivals in Australia from 1788 (2015) and together with Rosemary Kopittke wrote Which Genealogy Program? (3rd edn, 2012) – all published by Unlock the Past.
For further information see Kerry's website Family History Research.
- Big Brother is Watching - Australian Government Archives
- Convicts: From trial to freedom -
- Crossing the Water - Immigration to Australia
- DNA for genealogists -
- Finding your World War 1 ANZACs -
- From Outpost to Federation, tracing your family history in Western Australia
- Newspapers for use in family history -
- Subscription websites and how to get good value -
- The Master Genealogist (TMG) (Genealogy program by Wholly Genes) - various topics
- Tracing English ancestors -
- Tracing your ancestors in the Victorian goldfields
- Tracing your Canadian ancestors
- Tracing your New Zealand ancestors
- Tracing your Norwegian ancestors
- Tracing your Scottish ancestors
- Using "Find My Past"
- Using "Scotland's People"
- Which Genealogy Program? -