Partners and Sponsors
Why Partner with Unlock the Past?
- Are you finding it hard to maintain membership levels?
- Is your society's average age increasing?
- Are you unable to attract users to your library?
- Are you battling a popular misconception that "I can do it all online"?
- Can you afford the time and cost to take your products and services as far as you would like?
Unlock the Past can be your arms and legs to take you where you can't go, and tap into marketing avenues you may not have expertise in. We expect to reach around 10,000 people face to face each year - many more again through our event sponsorship kit. But we are not just about events. We will be at the forefront of multiple internet marketing, social media and public media avenues to reach a different audience and different generation. Our goal is to create interest in and promote history, genealogy and heritage throughout Australia and New Zealand and beyond in partnership with societies, libraries and other organisations, content owners and product and service suppliers.
Promote your organisation or business to thousands of potential users, members or customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and beyond. This can range from inclusion of leaflets or offers on your products and services in registration packs at events or listing in the resources and services directory through to special presentations on your behalf at events.
Sponsorship is like sponsoring any single major genealogy event with the following extra benefits:
- represented at numerous events, small and large, in the most cost effective way
- reach tens of thousands, not hundreds, over a year
- flexible sponsorships to suit your budget
- we can represent you at many more events than you can personally attend
- we bring marketing expertise to take you to an audience you may not otherwise reach
- we can can print any promotional leaflets for you if you wish - low cost and convenient. Details on request.
Who Should Consider Sponsorship?
- Societies - some of our presentations will relate to the value of societies to researchers. Others will be to attract interest from outside your society (just as the Who Do You Think You Are? TV series does). But we can also take you promotional material, publications list and offers as far as you want us to. We can list your publications in our online store (orders placed direct with you or your resellers). You can contribute to our online blogs and other forums or post articles to our free content section to increase your exposure to a wider market.
- Libraries and archives - much the same as with societies. Some libraries and archives exhibit at events. We can take your promotional material to many more. Some of our speakers are willing to develop a talk specifically on your library or archives - or special collections within it. This will be at a higher sponsorship level, but may well be cheaper than sending your own staff to events. It can supplement what you already do.
- Other organisations and product or service suppliers - anyone with products or services of interest to our target interest group should consider sponsorship. It can offer many of the benefits listed for societies, including access to our online resource and services directory and online forums.
Below is an initial list of sponsors, and a general outline of various sponsorship levels offered. This is a guide only - all may be customised to suit your interests. Further details to come. Expressions of interest are welcome.
Choose Your Level of Partnership or Sponsorship?
Premium Partners and Sponsors - Representation at all events with trade display, speaker topics (many events), product/services brochures and offers in registration packs, products/services in online store/directory. Current premium partners are:
- Gould Genealogy & History
- Archive Digital Books Australasia
- Family Photo Book
- Shauna Hicks History Enterprises
Major Partners and Sponsors - Representation at all events with product/services brochures and offers in registration packs, products and services in online resources directory. May exhibit at Unlock the Past's own events.
Regional Partners and Sponsors - Similar to major sponsors, but limited to a select region (e.g. one state) or selected events.
Basic Partners and Sponsors - Product/services brochures and offers in registration packs, products/services in online resources directory.
Event Hosting Partners - We can partner with you to host a road show event or other special event. Use it as a promotional occasion to attract new members. There are many forms such an event can take: a conference or seminar, with Unlock the Past speakers for the whole program or to supplement your own speakers; we can join you at a fair or expo designed to showcase your society or organisation to a wider audience; or you can host any leg of a road show we may propose in your region. There is no cost for much of this, but each case can be negotiated. For more on events click here.
Web Sponsors - List your products and/or services in our online resources directory. Promote what you offer through a much wider window "shop front" to the world (all orders are fulfilled by you or other resellers handling your products). Standard listings will be free. We will also be offering advertising opportunities on our website.
Cost of Sponsorship
Further details to come, including cost of typical sponsorships. Most listings in the resources directories are free. Other sponsorships will be available for a modest cost. Larger sponsorships will be comparable to sponsorship of major history/genealogy events in Australia and New Zealand, but with a much higher reach - perhaps 10-30 times - the numbers reached over a year.
Inquiries and expressions of interest welcome firstname.lastname@example.org